Friday, May 4, 2012

A Berry Good Reason to Smile!



Healthy by Nature radio show this week: Popular guest Stuart Tomc discusses “Are fatty foods addictive—like cocaine? What can help?” Call the show with questions at 1-800-281-8255. Click here to find pod-casts, show archives and ways to listen nationwide. 
 REASON TO SMILE
Smiling doesn’t just make people wonder what you’ve been up to. It can also lower your blood pressure. How’s that for a cheap and safe solution? It is widely known that not just mood, but even your facial expression can affect bodily functions like blood pressure. After discussing this effect the other day with nutritionist Gayle Pruitt, I decided to put the factoid in the newsletter. As I usually do, I searched for a study for documentation. I found lots of references to the fact that science "knows" this, but it is apparently such old news that I couldn’t find an actual study. I did find this interesting article which you can also watch as a TED video. LINK.
BERRIES MAKE ME SMILE
Berries have been shown to slow mental decline in the elderly by up to 2 ½ years and there is a recent study to back up this one: LINK Berries are great because they are relatively low in sugar but rich in flavonoids and other complex plant nutrients that have powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant effects. There are also many super fruits and herbs that have different types of those protective nutrients. Even though I use berries where I can in my diet, I know I don’t get enough. I’m so glad that I have Fruit of the Spirit. It is an effective concentrate equivalent to 5 servings of fruits and vegetables that I can use daily. It is very low in sugar, tastes great and contains: Aloe, Apple, Aronia, Blueberry, Fig, Frankincense (Boswellia), Grape Seed, Hawthorne Berry, Jujube, Lycium Fruit, Myrrh Gum, Plum, Pomegranate, Purple Grape and Sea Buckthorn—plus highly researched Resveratrol and alkalinizing Dead Sea Minerals. Just a shot glass full in water, protein drinks or other juices is all it takes. It is important to prevent later problems, but listeners tell me they do see immediate benefit, e.g. in energy. LINK.1-800-793-8830. (I’ve worked out a discount for you. Just tell them that Martie sent you.)
 YOUNGER LOOKING SMILE
REMINDER: Ezzilift “Mother’s Day” Special for our listeners only. Tell them I sent you and you can pay for just the Ezzi-lift device ($349) and instead receive the complete kit (value $495).  I put “Mother’s Day” in quotes, because maybe you want this for yourself or your husband. (We won’t tell.) The special price ends at midnight Thursday, May 10th. Ground shipping from Dallas to locations in the US is FREE. Obviously, depending on when you order and where the lovely gift box needs to go, you may have to pay extra for fast delivery to have it arrive before Mother’s Day. This LINK has videos and more information. Call this number to order: 1-855-282-9942
 Last week's show
Dallas area practitioner, Dr. Darcy Brunk, discussed the use of micro-currents to improve the appearance and health of the skin and lift and tighten facial features. Then Valerie Hall, CNHP covered the foods and supplements that contribute to our good looks (and health). She highlighted Hyaluronic Acid and MSM from Doctor’s Best.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites